- Linux server with hostname [HOSTNAME]
- Ports 80, 443, [PORT_TOMCAT] and [PORT_DEEPSTREAM] open
- Docker installed (version 18.0.3 +)
- Certbot installed (for SSL certificates)
- Docker-compose installed v1.3+
- Openssl and openjdk installed
- Git installed
- Sudo access
1. Connect to the server
- Open your terminal (Mac) / CMD (Windows)
Optional but recommended: Create a new folder in the root directory where you afterwards pull the config. For example:
2. Pulling the configs
Pull the configuration and move into the mobilecoach-server folder.
The rest of the commands in the following sections need to be run in folder mobilecoach-server
3. Install letsencrypt certificates & updating config files
In order to generate the certificates and perform the configuration, a script must first be executed.
At the start, four details are required:
Hostname, Tomcat Port, Deepstream Port and an email address needed for the letsencrypt notifications.
It looks like this:
The entered information is displayed again for verification.
If all entries are correct, a "yes" must be entered.
A password is generated that must be entered twice.
4. Modifying the MobileCoach configuration file for different purposes. (Optional)
All other variables are explained in this Wiki entry. All server variables explained
5. Starting the server
Starting the server for the first time
Stopping, starting & restarting
Stopping and removing the containers
The default admin username and password is admin and admin respectively. Please change it immediately under "Account".
6. Renewing the SSL certificates
Make sure the script renew.sh is runnable. Run the following command.
For renewal, just run the following command.
Note: If you get asked about "Eintragsalias tomcat ist bereits vorhanden. Überschreiben? [Nein]" you can answer with "Ja".
- to be displayed
8. Advanced user options
- to be displayed